
Dec. 08
It all started with a mass held at the field. There weren't enough chairs, so kung saan-saan lang kami nakaupo. After the mass, we ate at this carinderia with my friends. We were saving money because Christmas was approaching, and we also wanted to try something new because we were sick of the Taft fast food chains and restaurants we usually went to.
After that, we needed to change our clothes: all-black attire for our MassKara Festival dance. We changed in the male C.R. Tapos wala nang pakialamanan, hubaran na—we were all girls, anyway! And galit na galit na si Batch Rep! We went to the field to line up, then we started walking under the raging heat of the sun while wearing our black outfits. Just imagine how hot it was as we walked to the venue at 1:00 in the afternoon. Our white skin turned red—a sign that we were almost cooked!
If that wasn't enough, we were placed at the side of the track oval where it wasn't shaded. We were already experiencing hell even though we were still alive!! (Magpapakabait na po ako!!!) Lucky grade-schoolers and high school students—they were in the shaded area! I could already hear my blockmates cursing our school because we were already scorching. Thank God they moved us to a better place!
The celebration started with a pep rally. I don’t know why, but I felt goosebumps while we were cheering for our school. I felt happy to see that everyone was happy, in spite of what happened a while ago. The crowd noise became louder when the helicopter arrived. It was there because of the human logo that they were going to form. Then, the high school and college pep squads performed.
When they were finished, it was time for the college freshies to show what we’ve got as we danced festival street dances! It wasn't hip-hop or Harlem dances—it was festival dances such as Ati-Atihan, Panagbenga, MassKara, Dinagyang, and Sinulog. We were the second to the last to perform. Oh man!! I really suck at dancing. I couldn't move because of the huge maskara we had. The worst thing is that it was caught on video! I don’t want to watch it.
After that, the grade school and high school students also performed. But the most awaited part was the human logo, which I didn’t see because we were at the bottom section of the track oval. It’s okay, I’ll just wait for the pictures.
Then it was time to call it a day. I saw my high school classmate and told her na sabay na kaming umuwi. She introduced me to her blockmates and friends. I’m happy that it’s finished. The practices and exposure to the sun will finally pay off because it'll be part of our midterm grade.
I saw Gab Alipe and the rest of Urbandub on Wazzup Wazzup! They performed “Frailty.” Congrats to Gab for being Vocalist of the Year at the recently concluded NU Rock Awards! ASTIG kayo!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment