“Let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”
People waited for it for almost 6 years. It was always the subject in their individual Yahoo! Groups. It was the topic at every high school/college reunion, inuman session, tsismisan, asaran, and kwentuhan.
News broke across the airwaves: the Eraserheads reunion will never be just a fantasy anymore. Fast forward to today—the reunion concert finally happened, but the unexpected occurred. Ely didn’t get to finish the two sets they were supposed to play. He was rushed to the hospital. I wasn't at the event, but I’ve seen some videos and the news is everywhere. Prior to the event, Ely’s mom died due to cardiac arrest—one of the most important women in his life was gone.
When I first learned about it, I thought the concert wouldn't push through. But because of professionalism—or maybe contracts (sorry, over-analyzing due to too many law subjects!)—he proved that nothing would hinder the reunion, even if someone so close to his heart had just passed away. That showed how much Ely values his fans and supporters. "The show must go on" might as well be Ely's motto. Damn all the reporters and gossip-mongers who said Ely was unprofessional. Ely finished the first set despite so many hindrances.
Raimund, Buddy, and Marcus were all so supportive. I loved Raimund’s positive attitude toward what happened. I never expected him to look forward to this reunion so much. Hearing Raymund talk about Ely is really something else, especially given all the past commotion between the two. The reunion always seemed impossible because of them. Raymund, Buddy, and Marcus were okay with each other; Ely, Buddy, and Marcus were okay with each other. But Raymund and Ely were another story. I don’t know if they’re completely fine now, but I know the anger or whatever was there has lessened. Let us thank time for healing those wounds.
This reunion makes you realize that anything is possible. You just need to give it time. Patience is a virtue, and when you wait, you never expect how much happiness it will bring. I wasn't at the event, I’ve never seen them live, and that makes me such a loser… hehehe… Kidding aside, I am just content to see them on one stage, even if it's just playing via YouTube videos or whatever. Seeing them on one stage is already exhilarating.
If there is an Eraserheads Reunion Part 2, I’ll be so happy and I’ll definitely try to watch it. But if it doesn’t push through, it’s still okay. The reunion happened. Period.
Now I’m wondering if the Eraserheads Yahoo! Groups will still be active now that the reunion has actually happened. I’ve been a member since 2004 or 2005, and the reunion was always the main topic.
Anyway, I hope Ely gets better soon. I know he is strong. Rock and Roll!!
Here is the letter from Raymund:
Dear everybody,
Before anything, I just spoke to Day Cabuhat and she informed me that Ely's condition is now stable, and they're very thankful for all your concern.
Thank you very much for coming to the show. We really felt the cheering, the singing, and the love you all gave. Thank you for understanding that the show had to be cut short. Ely was in no condition (emotionally, physically) to play, but he did. And he gave it his all, which is more than we could ask from him given the circumstances he was in.
We all wish him well. We are all confident that he will recover soon. I promise to give you another Eraserheads show as soon as possible.
Again, thank you very much.
— Raymund
August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment