Monday, December 31, 2012

Oktaves Album

Before the year ends I was able to get the OKTAVES Album. I've been dying to own this record.

I have nothing but plenty of good things to say about this album. I like it, not because Ely Buendia is a part of this super band. The album is just plain great. Composed of Cris Padilla (currently of Hilera) also on vocals and guitars, Nitoy Adriano (long-time axeman of The Jerks) on lead guitar, Ivan Garcia on bass (Hilera) and Bobby Padilla on drums (Hilera) and of course Ely Buendia on vocals (Pupil).


The album started with "Gone, Gone, Gone". I heard myself saying "Ah This is the song they sang at Starmall show". I thought it was a cover. Can I hear "Poorman's Grave" riff at the beginning of the song? It is a cool song. Maybe i will like this song in the future.


"Hold on Tight" by Chris Padilla. A song that I will skip but it is as very cool song. I think the song is Rated SPG haha. With the lines "Show me your junk and I'll show you mine".


"K.U.P.A.L." is a song that makes Myx shortened its title to "K.P.L". I haven't seen the video via Myx so I'm not sure if some words are bleeped. Anyways, this song is in time because Election season is here again. Let us not vote for the K.U.P.A.L politician. And what we will do with the K.U.P.A.L. that is currently elected, Ely has a suggestion "Sipain na yan hanggang sa buwan".The song is very easy to understand and to listen to. It reminds me of "Pare Ko" with it's sheer honesty. The song is very catchy and I hope it will do well in Charts.


"Walang Magawa" a very short but catchy song by Chris Padilla. I think the Hilera boys are known for short and catchy songs. The song reminds me of "Wala akong Alam" by Hilera
"Olivia" is a modern version of "Toyang" or an easier song to listen to than "Dianetic". So Ely likes writing songs about girls. haha. The chorus goes "Olivia, Olivia, won't you come back to me and make a brand new start. Olivia, Olivia, Lord have mercy on me i'm falling apart"


"Get You" It's like Hilera song but more in the "rock" side.


"Paakyat ka pa lang, Pababa na Ako" for me is a song about being mature means being ahead of everything. "Marami na akong nagawang ayaw ko na ulitin pa" I think I already heard Ely say that in an interview. ;


"Ikot" is one of my favorite songs from the album. Written by Chris Padilla. It reminds me of an old song I can't really pinpoint. Ang galing at ganda lang sobra! I hope they will make this as a single. 


"Detox" a short song by Ely. It's clearly about Ely's health (well I think). It starts with these lines"Baby don't you worry about nothing, the medicines working I'm gonna be all right". It's good to hear it from him. I saw a picture from his Instagram where he is cutting this greasy lechon. I also saw a picture he is eating those bad liempos. hehe. stalker lang ang peg? (sorry for using the word peg.. haha)


"Standing On My own" By Chris P. reminds me of Rainy days and Mondays... haha.. maybe it's just me. I also like this song. Chillax song. A song you will like to listen to during night, maybe when it's Monday and raining... haha.


"Bungo sa Bangin" A song that made Ely retweet my tweet haha. But here in the album it is just Oktaves. In the original version Kat Agarado of Sinosikat and Sara Gaugler from Turbogoth are part of the song. I must say I like the original version. I like the adlibs of the female vocalists. 


"Langit Express" a sad song. A short story with the line "Umuwi ka na nanay mo'y nag aalala Magkita tayo Alas otso huling byahe na ng langit express". Don't blame me but I hear some eraserheads vibe with this song.


I love the album very much. I know I am not a good album reviewer so that is all I could say. haha. Right now I am LSS-ing over "Ikot". I really hope that this album will do well. If the K-Pop album or those freaking One Direction will sell more than this album, then let's already end this world. Please I am begging you by original album. Buy this album it is only 300 pesos. KPop or One Direction albums is worth 350 plus I guess.. haha... Please Please Please buy this one! Hindi kayo mag sisi.


For Eraserheads fans buy this album. This is Ely's first time to be closest to the eraserheads sound. Well don't get me wrong it doesn't sound an Eraserheads album but it is the closest I guess... or if you disagree.. then well just buy the freaking album.

3 comments:

stickerhappy said...

please post the lyrics of langit express please.thanks

ariahs said...

paki post naman ung link ng minention mong pictures ni ely. yhanks. gonna wait for it..

VAJourney.ph said...

hi! papost naman ng lyrics ng Ikot..
Thanks!