Sunday, December 02, 2012

Oktaves

"Sipain na yan hanggang sa Buwan... Wag kang hangal.. Wag kang Kupal"

3:00 pm Shaw Blvd Station- I saw a familiar face. I can't believe it at first because he was riding MRT like me. It's Nitoy of Oktaves. I followed him because I don't know where Starmall is located. Thanks to him I arrived at the venue without not using my legs that much.

3:10 pm - I walked around the mall and looking if I could buy something.

3:30 pm - Decided to go to the venue and find a seat.

4:03 pm - Ely arrived in the venue.

4:40 pm - The show supposed to start around 4pm, but like any other concert it started late.

I don't know some songs that they sang. I think some are covers? Oktaves album is not yet released so it is understandable that people will not jam with them or they are not familiar with any of their songs. But I really love their tagalog songs. Even the song Chris sang. Their sound is in old school style. Well, i think....

I sat somewhere at center where ely could see me directly. I sang along with songs that I know like "Bungo sa Bangin", "K.U.P.A.L" and "Paakyat ka palang Pababa na ako". I think I am the only who knew some of their songs. I also think he saw me singing. Ely has a perfect view of me.. hehehe





The crowd at Starmall was not that good. But the performance of Ely Buendia and the Hilera boys were so great. They are so energetic and their performance were so alive.

I remember I saw a video of Pupil at Zirkoh. They captured the whole performance. What I observed is that their performance was not so great not so energetic as Oktaves.

Oktaves didn't sang an eraserheads song. I was waiting at least one song from the heads. I'm quite disappointed but I understand them completely and as I said their performance were so great.

I love Hilera. I actually joined a contest and won an album of Hilera last year. But unfortunately I didn't have to chance to get it. haha. You all know I love Ely, and I love Pupil, the Mongols and of course the Eraserheads. Oktaves is the new super band. I don't know why they have that mall show in Starmall. The mall is not that great ala Glorietta or Mall of Asia. Well I read Ely's interview when Pupil was starting out. He didn't mind starting out again, having gigs in unknown places, few audiences... and he love doing those things again...

Oktaves is such a great band. I'm not biased.. I think... They are tagged as the new "super band".  I hope that their songs will be a hit because they deserve it...




No comments: