Sunday, August 18, 2013

Claustrophobic concert goer: Why I didn't go to By Request Concert

"Minsan ay naisip ko ng umalis na lang dito.. Iwanan ang lahat.. Lumipad..lumayo"

So I decided not to go to Bamboo and Yeng's By Request at Araneta for many reasons. (in no particular order)

1. I am not a fan of Yeng Constantino. I only know "Hawak Kamay" and "Salamat". I know she has a new song titled "Chinito", but haven't dared to click it on youtube even it is in my suggested videos list. I also don't get why they have a concert in the first place. By request? Who requested it??? If you really like to do a request of people, it should have been Rico Blanco and Bamboo. Or if it is not feasible, Ely Buendia and Bamboo. I've seen a lot of that request on the web. I'm not a producer but I know what people really like to see. I know Yeng and Bamboo is not one of them.

2. Venue- It is the freaking Araneta Coliseum. Maximum capacity of 16,000 for concerts. I can't be in a place along with 15,999 other people. I'm still feel claustrophobic even if it is a colliseum. I think I'm claustrophobic when there are plenty of people. I don't like interacting, or want to hear their comments or whatever while watching a concert.

3. Bamboo sings a lot of cover songs. I've heard he sang Bruno Mars' songs. He is good covering songs. But, I like him to leave it to other artist like sessionistas perhaps. BAMBOO is known for Rivermaya and Bamboo (the band) songs. He should sing a lot of it since the title of the concert is by request. I'd love to hear him sing not so popular songs from his former bands like Flowers, Kundiman, Lost, I-You and Truth.if he will do covers, he should sing songs from Bamboo's cover album like "Alive", "break on through", waiting in vain". I also love to hear half of his new songs from "No Water No Moon" album to this concert. If he will cover other artist, he should do artist he listens to or his musical influences. Sana he left Bruno Mars' songs in ASAP na lang. I'd like him to sing an Eraserheads song too since he haven't done it in concert.

4. Ticket Prices. I can buy ticket up to 1500 pesos but if the artist includes an artist you don't like or don't usually listen to, then I would really think a lot if I will go, since I can watch the concert on youtube (which I did).

Well I've watch some clips on youtube. I'm still hurting inside because I'm dying to see Bamboo live. Bamboo is mailap to me. Last week he was at glorietta pala. Huli na ng nalaman ko. I am always at that area naman... Hayyyzz... So maybe i created this post because I'm just bitter and sour graping it. So ughh just ignore this post if you enjoyed the concert.
posted from Bloggeroid->

No comments: