Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Simula



Simula

Album Artist: Mojofly

Price: P 100.00

Tracks: 2


After 2 years, Mojofly is back with their 4th studio album “Simula”. But it is different from their other albums because it is called collector’s edition. You can only buy it in their gigs. It can never be found in Astrovision, Tower Records, Music One and the likes.

A lot of new things for this band with this album. Now they are not just three in the cover but 5. Yes, you read it right they are 5 right now. Lougee Basabas is still presenting her ever powerful voice and act as the vocalist. The most gorgeous, stunning, dazzling, striking drummer of the whole band world Ali Alejandro is also there. I thought he left the band but Ricci Gurango still plays for bass for them. He even wrote a song. Plus new 2 members, Allan Elgar, the brother of Rivermaya guitarist Mike Elgar and last but not the list, Richard Carandang of Session Road.

So let’s make simula with their song “Simula”. I really love the effects at the beginning that sounded as talagang nagsisimula. The song is about parang blind date or “nireto” by friends. I like the story, very simple yung lyrics. I like how the story evolved or progressed. Then “I don’t wann know”. Napaka sweet nito for me. kasi yung line na “I don’t wanna know what I’do without you”. Ricci wrote the song. If you think about it may pagka cheesy and emo yung meaning ng song pero ginawang happy yung beats. I love many lines like “I’ll never take you for granted, I will take less to give you more, I’ll do anything even if I done it all”. It just proved that Ricci should be around with the band because he is not only good at playing bass but also making songs. hindi patapon ang mga ginagawa niya.

I’m just quite sad because the album has 2 songs only. Bad trip! When you get this one thing is for sure you will ask for more!! Bitin eh…
Album Cover: Astig!! they combine my 2 fave colors!! tapos parang video game.

Ratings:
rock stars!!


No comments: