Sunday, August 09, 2009

It’s a protocol; YOU NEED TO DIE TO BE A HERO, TO BE NOTICED

“and I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life...”

In what I am seeing right now… I want to die… to be noticed…

When Francis M. is still around my brothers don’t know how to sing “Kaleidoscope World”. They wouldn’t even bother to play it on my laptop. But when he died, my ears are bleeding because they are singing it to death. They even let me download some of his songs. The same goes with Michael Jackson. When he is still alive we put more importance on his weirdness than his musicality.

It’s true that we just acknowledge a person when he or she is not around. We just take them for granted.

In Cory’s situation she is just acknowledge as a hero when she died. I mean do you really need to die to be a hero? She fought for democracy decades ago and just now when she died they come to realize that she could be another national hero. Yeah, maybe it’s better late than never. But if you could think about it, we really don’t know if she could really see us, if she knows what is happening right now.


No comments: