Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mariah Monkey

“ABS-CBN o GMA7, ABS-CBN o GMA7… Original o Pirated”

The opening line is “Bombardment” by Dong Abay.

I heard in the news about the gaya-gaya issue of Freddie Aguilar towards Charice Pempenco, Arnel Pineda and Gary V. He said something like why Charice and Arnel didn’t sing some Filipino songs when they are invited in some shows or have gigs on a foreign land.

A while ago when I was playing with the remote control I saw Sandara Park. She is now at her own land, Korea and she has a girl group called 21. I saw their music video at Myx. Anyways, the chismis show has this video showing her singing her hit song “In or Out”. It is a Tagalog song and she is singing it at her own land Korea and if I’m not mistaken she is pure Korean. I guess Ka Freddie saw that video.

What a shame.

A pure Korean is there at her own land singing a Tagalog song. Of course Koreans doesn’t understand what she is singing.

Sure, Charice and Arnel are making us proud because they are all over the world bringing us pride and joy. These two got the fame because of covering some foreign songs. I think Freddie Aguilar is quite right. If Sandara, a pure Korean who lived here for quite number of years and sings Tagalog song in front of thousands of her own kind why not Charice and Arnel. They are 100% Filipino. No foreign blood attached

What a shame.

When I saw that video of Sandara I realized that behind this “krung-krung” girl is more than a Filipino to some of us. She still knows to look back to the country who once loved her.

Then when I’m watching Channel V I saw these local bands playing at various places like Malaysia, Singapore etc… Well I am not sure if they are singing Tagalog songs but I am sure that they play their own compositions. That’s enough for me. That’s why I am for bands than singers, balladeers and pop stars.

So what I’m trying to say?

I don’t know. I’m still wasak today.

No comments: