Sunday, August 26, 2012

OPM Once again once more

"Ito ay para sa mga masa
sa lahat ng nawalan ng pag-asa
sa lahat ng aming nakasama
sa lahat ng hirap at pagdurusa
naaalala nyo pa ba
binigyan namin kayo ng ligaya"


For the past few years my love and undying admiration for OPM died a little bit. Blame it to my thesis, constant travels, closing of NU 107 and job hunting.

I haven't bought any OPM album. Unlike before, when i was still in highschool and my only savings are coming from my school baon, i still have the chance to buy an album worth 250 to 300.

Now i have work and I'm earning, i haven't bought any album.

I remember buying Pupil's "Wildlife" and "wildlife Repackage" Album. That's how fanatic I am with opm bands/music. Now they released their third album last year and still haven't bought it.

But now i'm starting to watch gigs again. I think my love for OPM is coming back.

Right now I'm reading articles about OPM. Like the article "The Life and death of OPM" and "OPM isn't dead you idiot".

For me, OPM is alive and it is slowly  recuperating from a deadly disease.

Well network giants, movie outfits are reviving OPM classics like the songs of Eraserheads and APO.

But like in this article said, OPM isn't dead because OPM is not just about the music you hear in the mainstream, there are lots and I mean lot's of good music waiting to be discovered by Filipino fans.

You know how much I despise K-POP music. I can't understand why we Filipinos are into KPOP songs where we couldn't understand a single word. Well, their title of the songs and chorus or at least one word are in english pala. haha

I couldn't take it when people buying KPOP albums instead of OPM albums.

Could someone give give a reason why should I listen to KPOP?

PS: I promise I will love OPM music again like I did before :)



No comments: