Sunday, July 06, 2014

World without Strangers



I thought that I will be sad because I wasn’t able to catch Up dharma down, the reason why I went to Glorietta. But since they played early around 4 pm (WTH Guys?? They should be on the primetime slot!), I am praying to catch other cool bands like Franco, Urbandub, Taken By Cars, Techy Romantics and Rico Blanco.

And yep I did. I like Taken By Cars and Techy Romantics, but sadly they didn’t fit in a venue like Glorietta. Their music is disco, pop , electronic and dance-y kind of songs. Their songs wanna make you groove. But since it was in a mall, audience is sitting down, thus grooving is not a choice. I am sad for them because they deserve cool audiences.
But they were really great. Because seeing them live, I wanted to watch them in a venue where dancing is okay and other people will not judge you since they are also dancing.
Then Franco.  They were stupidly introduced as Spongecola. WTH?? They played about 3-4 songs. I only know songs from their first album. Pero Franco Reyes really rocked the house down! I was on the 3rd floor of the mall. I saw the people really moving. The kind of move I wished they did when Taken By Cars and Techy Romantics played. Charismatic Franco, captured my heart indeed.

After Franco who should play next? Of course the other rock superstar, Urbandub. I noticed that when Franco was done, a huge crowd went away. I am not really aware… is there animosity between franco and urbandub fans?? I know they did have some history. Pero I hope all is well.  So back to Urbandub, as usual Gaby Alipe was hot! That scar on his face… hahaha…

Then Spongecola. WTF happened to them? Even though I don’t like them anymore, I still list their first album “Palabas” one of the best. Yael did a lot of screaming and fist bumping the audience. Actually this is the first time I saw them perform.  They were my first love in OPM band scene. So I waited 9 years for this; Ear shattering noise from Yael, my former love. Hahaha. Anyare Yael??

Buti na lang at merong RICO BLANCO. What a blast! I love his performance. The robot, ati-atihan dance. I saw him last year with his acoustic set, it was great but I didn’t like it when he sang Bamboo associated songs like 214 and Himala. But when he is in his “Fiesto Bandido” vibe, he was great even if he sang Kisapmata, Elesi- other Bamboo associated songs. 


With this performance, I therefore conclude that Rico Blanco is one of the best performers in local music scene. ASTIG!

No comments: