Saturday, January 03, 2015

Before the year ends..

I got the chance to watch and listen to today’s musicians. First, is Rock the Riles. I’ve been dying to be in this event since the first Rock the Riles in 2006.
But due to some reasons… I wasn’t able to watch one.. Until now..
I just learned about the even about 2 or 3 hours before it started. I chose Ayala station because  I miss Up dharma down. I also like to watch Dicta License reunion concert but, well I am a big Armi fan. 


Unfortunately, Up dharma down is the only band I know in the line up. But the bands that played didn’t let me down. They were good. 
I am loving Yolanda Moon’s set. Despite their typhoon namesake. Then Pulso played. I thought at first that they are just having a sound check, but it was about 3 to 4 minutes long. then on their 2nd, 3rd and 4th song.. it was all just sounds no lyrics.
Maybe I need to listen to them to digest and to understand what they really want to say since, I am no music genius.
Then Up dharma down played 4 songs, but it was worth the wait and it was the best MRT experience I ever had. A little side note: I always ride MRT (Taft, Magallanes, Ayala route) and of course my MRT experiences were not the great. So having the rock the riles event was a change in MRT’s bad image, although I think the event is about celebrating human rights. 
Oh I just need to write about how I like Armi’s look and the way she performed “Turn it well”. When she flipped her hair.. whoah… Up dharma down proves that even in small crowd, or places they still perform very well.

No comments: