Saturday, January 03, 2015

At last

"Wrote this song for all of you out there with it's catchy melody and simple harmoniesLet the music take control... Let the music take your soul...Everybody sing this song with me.."
After many attempts I was able to see Bamboo Manalac to perform. I've seen him a month ago at McKinley Hill, showing his modeling skills. He seems nice since we are also having our photo shoot beside him, he was courteous enough to not interrupt us, he said “Excuse me” to me…since I was blocking his way… haha… Anyway, I went to his show at Robinsons Manila. The show started around 7 pm (as per poster it should start around 6). I find it quite odd that his first song was "Let me entertain you". Actually, I don't know if it's the title (tired to google it) but I know for the fact that it's not a Bamboo or Rivermaya song. The likes of Ely Buendia or Rico Blanco covers foreign songs but not as an opening song. So it's odd for me...
Then he sang a lot of Rivermaya songs, three to four Bamboo (band) songs, some X-mas songs and 1 Bamboo Manalac original song (Morning Rose). But I am disappointed that he didn't sang 214.  Although I think I heard 214 riffs, but he sang "The Christmas Song: instead. I  am quite amazed to hear "Alpha Beta Omega" but the crowd din't respond well. I mean I  don't know if it's rare but that's one of my favorite songs he sang.  I don't know why but I didn't feel what I felt when I first heard Ely Buendia, Up dharma down or Rico Blanco. His voice is great. He is very energetic. He did his dance moves. What I don't like is when he get off the stage, he is very accommodating with the audience. He take selfies and posing with girls while singing songs. I repeat while singing songs. I don't like that. Although it didn't affect his performance I must say.
I like when he sang "Hallelujah". He first sang some lines from Jeff Buckley's song then their original version. 


I miss the old Bamboo wearing just slippers... 

No comments: