Saturday, June 08, 2013

Pugad Baboy Blues

Pugad Baboy is suspended indefinitely because of the comic strip below appeared last week:



I am an alumna of the school that was mentioned in that comic strip. I was not a little bit offended by the joke. Maybe I am biased since I am a reader of PB for more than a decade. When kids are reading fairy tales or children's book, me, I was reading Pugad Baboy comics. I remember I asked my father what is the meaning of ander da saya while reading PB.

Hey nuns, please be more open minded about this. It's a satire for a reason. He just mentioned Ssc. He could mention any other all girl school. Or mentioning the school isn't the problem that we suposed to get from that article. It's about homosexuality.

We need Pugad Baboy in our local broadsheets. Pol Medina brings issues or opening our minds to think. We may agree or disagree to his opinions. He may say really nasty things in a funny manner. But we should be happy that we have something like this. Something that will make us laugh but think at the same time.



posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: