Sunday, June 16, 2013

Source of new music

What is your source of new music?

When NU 107 was still around, that is my source of new music. Today, I don't listen to radio since the demise of NU 107. So my source is Bamboo.

Bamboo is as mainstream as ever. He is seen regularly in 2 ABS CBN shows, ASAP and THE VOICE OF THE PHILIPPINES.



In ASAP, he sings pop songs that if you are a fan of Bamboo since his Rivermaya days, you will be shock and mapapa "kamot ulo" ng konti.
If not for him I won't download "just give me a reason", "let it rain", "when I was your man" and other very pop songs that I don't usually listen to.

Bamboo has this capability turning a popular song like his own song and sometimes, maybe most of the times better than the original.

I remember when he did a duet with Sarah Geronimo on ASAP. It's my first time to hear "Just give me a reason". I instantly liked it. Their version is powerful and very "I-think-I-will-download-that-song". I am not a fan of Sarah but they really have that chemistry on stage. FYI the video as of today has 3 million views.

After all that's been said and done, I'm a little bit sad that Bamboo is going to this mainstream route. But what the hell, it's just my inner hipster way of thinking.
If not now when? He has the right to be what he is now.
He's got the looks and of course, the voice.

No comments: