Saturday, June 08, 2013

Up Dharma Down Experience 2.0

The first time I saw UDD performed was in my school's event. That time Armi, the vocalist has this pang commercial long hair.

I got the chance to see them for the 2nd time in a Galleria event. Now, Armi has shorter hair that really suits her. Enough of the hair talk... They released their 3rd Album "Capacities". It is much different from their first two albums, "Fragmented" and "Bipolar". Their sound now is more upbeat and even danceable.

What's great about that event was eventhough it is only a mall gig, I felt like they transformed the small concert place to an awsome high end bar. I don't really dance but when they performed their songs I can't help it but dance like no one is looking.

They also perform my favorite song of all time "Oo". I never expected that since they are promoting their new album, but I guess they know that people are expecting it from them. I know that Armi might be tired singing that song, I read or heard that she really is, but when she sang that song, you will never see the irritation that she might actually feeling.

That event was just magical that eventhough I already downloaded their album illegally, I bought their album for 500 bucks which is quite expensive for a local album. But I just think that the band is just awesome I need to buy it so they will have the urge to continue making good music.


photos grabbed from tumblr.

No comments: