The first time I saw UDD perform was at a school event. At the time, Armi (their vocalist) had that shampoo-commercial long hair.
I got to see them for the second time at a Galleria event. This time, Armi had short hair, which really suited her. Enough hair talk, though! They released their third album, Capacities. It is very different from their first two albums, Fragmented and Bipolar. Their sound is much more upbeat and even danceable.
What's awesome about that event was that even though it was only a mall gig, it felt like they turned that small space into a high-end bar. I’m not really a dancer, but when they played, I couldn't help myself—I danced like no one was watching!
They even played my all-time favorite song, "Oo." I didn't expect it since they were promoting Capacities, but they definitely knew what the crowd wanted. I know Armi might be sick of singing it (I think I read that somewhere), but when she sang it, she didn't show it at all.
The gig was so good that even though I’d already illegally downloaded the album, I bought an official copy for 500 pesos. It was pricey for a local CD, but UDD is just too good not to support. They deserve every bit of it so they keep making good music.
photos grabbed from tumblr.


0 comments:
Post a Comment