Saturday, October 04, 2014

When I feel down I need some Up dharma down

"Di mo lang alam.. ako'y iyong nasaktan"


I found them again! at last... I terribly need their company after a very stressful week commuting... 3-4 hours from Makati to Pasay?? insane right...

Anyway, Up dharma down washed away my pain. They said their set is around 7 pm, but of course it started around 9 pm.. Filipino time at it's finest... We waited for 2 to 3 hours.. but it's ok.. it's up dharma down eh.. and for the 2nd time (haha) I have some company. I always watch gig alone because it's less stressful for me.

It's quite annoying, because my friend who is a fan of  up dharma down (daw) can't even name the vocalist. she said "nandyan na ba si Nikki?" "Sinong nikki?" I asked... "Yung vocalist ng up dharma down" Oh.. right bravo you are a big fan of the band... I do like tell trivia like, Ean Mayor is from Malibay Pasay or Armi us from UP... haha Or I saw them at MOA while buying a guitar from RJ. but of course I didn't...

Techy Romantics also performed... I really pity them... because they are really good, I love their songs... but of course I think among the audience I am one of the few who knew some songs... I really wish them well. I hope they will be famous outside the country... Here in the Philippines?? I doubt it.. They will, if they make it outside the country. That's the sad truth.. Oh and after they finished their set, I saw the vocalist get her bag on stage. Sorry vocalist, I like you but we laughed and said "Uy si Ate nagmamadaling umalis". 

I also saw DJ Dylan or is it Karen of the late NU 107 with her husband and kid. I read her blog post. Check it out: http://reformedrockstar.wordpress.com/  I never thought she lived that kind of life. just check that site to find out her story. 

The Ringmaster also performed. I never heard of them or him(?) They are only 2 on stage. A drummer and the vocalist. The vocalist used some techy stuff for the bass or electric parts. 

Then Up dharma down. they performed I think 7 songs. They sang 1 song that I didn't recognize. Maybe it's from Bipolar album. There's a phase in my life when I didn't like their music (sorrry.. I hate that part of me. I am ashamed to admit it). But I am back...really back liking their Music. and I'm also liking Bipolar album. Check Unspoken definites! 

I know, I am quite a hipster.. "Oo" shouldn't be my favorite song from them...But it is just so beautiful.. And they performed it!! and I melted...

They sang Tadhana, Indak, Luna, Night Drops and Turn it Well..

And oh by the way, i like to tell that Paul Yap seems a friendly dude. He is the only one, before the show walks around the venue, makes pa picture and drinks beer. hahaha!



Thank God for Up dharma down. Please don't make them disband. I need them in my worst days...

No comments: