Friday, March 29, 2019

I'm drunk I love you


So ok. I seldom watch Filipino movies. It’s not being elitist or what ever. You will get my interest when movie is political or historical. I also like it when a movie has good music. I love ang nawawala, I also watched breakup playlist because so many musicians were there. Then there’s I’m drunk, I love you. Burnout is used here. One of my all time favorite songs. It’s enough advertising for me. They used it because it really summarize the whole movie.
“Oh kay tagal din kitang minahal”
Well 7 years to be exact. Carson is in love with Dio, her best friend for 7 years. But it’s an unrequited love.


The story is so simple yet so good, well maybe for me. The acting is so natural. Plus, Gibson of ang Nawawala plays the gay best friend of Carson, who always says “time check” to “wake” Carson of her stupidity in terms of love, is also in the movie.
They went to La Union for a music festival. I like the simple banalities and it felt like it’s not a movie like when they arrived, Carson and Jason Ty went for a drink but Dio stays inside the hotel to sleep because he drive for hours. When Carson enumerates the stupidity she did every year since 2008. But in the morning, she saw Dio with Pathy with an H. Pathy was his ex and they will try to rekindle their feelings.
I’m drunk, I love you, is a tale of two best friends, where one fell in love and the other just can’t do the same. My favorite since is when Carson already told Dio she loved him, and she was talking to her self that Pathy should go to the restroom for 5 minutes. Then she just looked at him and cherishing the last minutes because she knows everything will change after that.
At the end, they went to the bar they usually hang out, but it’s close because it’s Sunday. There was a long silence between the two of them. But when Carson started to laugh they started their conversation then Burnout plays making their conversation inaudible.
Well here is their conversation according to the creator of the movie.


At the end, I thought thay there might still a chance between the two. I’m confused with the last scene when they were at the car and just being sweet with each other. I’m confused if it’s the video they recorded before or after Carson said I love you. But it seems that it’s a videotape of their sweetness when they were just starting their friendship because I know now the inaudible conversation. Carson will move on. Dio doesn’t love her.

No comments: