Friday, March 29, 2019

Revisit Manila

Revisit Manila

One cloudy morning, I decided to go to Intramuros to wander and get lost in this historic and beautiful city.

If you are like me who suck in directions, you can take the pedicab tour they offer. It cost 150 per 30 mins. My tour guide slash pedicab driver toured me to the must see places. From Manila Cathedral to Baluarte San Diego, I have several stops, take pictures and take a deep breath and be amazed to the cozy and historical places.
I am jealous with the students who study inside the schools in Intramuros. If I am student in Mapua or PLM, I will go to Casa Manila every recess, to sit down, make sketches and drink coffee at the nearby cafe. At lunch break, I will just take maybe 15 minutes to eat then go to Baluarte De San Francisco to breath some fresh air, sit down and just look at the Makati skyline. If I tired being a student, I can always walk around Muralla street and imagine that I am walking in Vigan. If I didn’t study for a test, I can always go to Manila Cathedral or San Augustin Church to say a little prayer and ask for a passing grade. It’s crazy thinking that it’s near my place but it’s like walking from a place decades ago. .
Tip: if you don’t want to take the pedicab tour, you can just walk around or if you are already tired, just take a pedicab to go to specific places. My whole tour took 2 hours, so it it’s 600 pesos, then give 100 for tip . I know it’s quite expensive but just think of it as helping a head of the family, trying to make a decent living. I saw him with a big smile on his face. That’s a enough for a good deed for the day. .

No comments: