Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Switching on the spotlight




As I look on my blog I realize that I always mentioning Ely Buendia. Yesterday, I bought the Isang Ugat, Isang Dugo by Rivermaya. Rivermaya is another favorite band of mine. I love Rico Blanco as much how I love Ely. Well, di lang ata halata if we base it in my blog. I think Eraserheads and Rivermaya have the same impact in my life. So it’s time to switch the spotlight to Rico Blanco and Rivermaya.
The story behind my likeness to Rivermaya is the same on how I liked Eraserheads. Kasabay ko lang sila pinanganak. Mga 90’s. So parang na left behind din ako saka nila. Kaya if I saw yung mga anthologies or greatest hits nila I will buy it right away.
Rivermaya is the “Banda Ng Bayan” because of their nationalistic and patriotic songs such as “Awit ng Kabataan”, “Liwanag Sa Dilim”, and “Isang Bandila”.

Why I love Rico Blanco?

1) Handsome- Yes he is. But I saw his old pictures, his looks are weird he is very skinny and with colored hair. Now his taste matures so mas gwapo talaga siya ngayon.
2) Very Intelligent- I watched his Homecoming in San Beda. He mentioned that he was the youngest in his batch because he was accelerated twice. He is good in Geometry (my gosh… my hate subject) and quite have some difficulties in Physics. Because of his intelligence, he can write good and meaningful songs.
3) Talented- Very Talented. He can play guitars and keyboards. He could be a director and an actor. He had a indie movie (Nasaan Si Francis?) before. I wasn’t able to watch it but I think it’s Christopher De Leon praise his acting capabilities. I don’t need some evidence because I saw their “241” video. I was get kilig when I saw his scenes with his leading lady. I envy that girl. Sana ako na lang.


4) He could be a good politician- I think you can see it by the lyrics of his song like in “Isang Bandila”. Lumalaba yung pagiging nationalistic niya that seldom you can see in an artist. But Rico has it.

No comments: