Friday, January 12, 2007

Some things about radio jocks

Listening to radio is one of my hobbies or as what some people describe “pampalipas oras”. For me, djs or radio jocks plays a vital role to which station I would listen. We, the listeners have the power in our hands to change the station if we wanted to do. To stop us for doing that, djs should be spontaneous, extrovert, humorous and avoids dead air and of course good music. That’s what I can see from Magic 89.9’s Mo Twister. But this dj also has additional qualities such as frank, creative, controversial and talkative. A character that is hard to find in a guy.

I like 97.1’s Sophie and Nu 107’s Trish. I like their voices and how they speak. And I already saw Trish on the Nu Rock Awards. I’m quite shock to see her face. At first I can’t believe that she is that girl, but when she started to talk I recognize her voice. And that settles me that she is really dj Trish. I already heard people saying that once you are a dj, chances are you are witty, outgoing, good voice etc. but you don’t have those good looks. I know you all know dj Mo Twister, Rico Robles. By listing their names you would know what I mean. But of course there’s still good-looking and pretty djs. For me the most gorgeous female dj is Andy 9 while the most handsome I think Borgy Manotoc will be on 99.5 Rt. If that’s the case he would be in my list.
Some djs uses weird, funny, cute, unique radio names such us Mojojo, Andy 9, Mo Twister (sounds like a food in KFC), John Hendrix, Hot Lips Lisa, Sophie and many more. But there’s some baduy, jologs, yuck names like Toni Tubero, Toni Macaroni, Sexy Sugar, Edwin Latigo, and many more. I mean MORE. I forgot some of their names but I know they are from Star FM, Love Radio, I FM, Energy Fm and Yes FM. These radio stations are for “masa”.

The worst dj for me is from Love Radio. I don’t know their names and why should I know, when I hear their voices I wanted to shot my radio with a gun. It’s a girl and boy tandem and if I’m not mistaken they also a voice over of 1 of the show in ABC 5. They use gay words such as itich, chuva chenis, eklabu and many more. It really pisses me. and when they laugh… ugh…just writing about them sumasama pakiramdam ko. I don’t understand why people like them or even the station. They are no. 1 according to them. Well maybe because they are pang “masa”.
Some djs were trying hard to speak in English. And of course that djs are from still from “pang masa” stations.


These are the TOP 3 of my Favorite Radio Station
1. Campus Radio- well as the stations name campus radio they are student friendly station. They also have this campus djs. But they choose songs to place on their play list. Because sometimes they don’t play songs that I like.
2. Nu 107- They play anything and everything if rock is concern. They also play songs from independent artist. That some radio stations don’t want to play their songs. They live the more music less talk saying. They have this 40 minutes rock-athon.
3. 99.5 Rt- I love them when they are still not reformatting. But now many they still in the process of changing everything so at this point I don’t like them much. But still I’ll them in 3rd place. This is the station where I talked with Imago and Sponge Cola.

Favorite Radio Shows

1. Sunday Sessions of99.5 RT- as I said I was able to talk to my favorites such as Imago and Sponge Cola. I also learn many things about different bands and artist. Here you can see the band as you never seen before. I mean the difference on how they perform and talk to people.
2. Other People’s Music of 97.1 Campus Radio- as the shows title you will know what your favorite bands or artist listens to. John Hendrix also asks questions that are really good. These are types of question that you will know more about that artist.
3. First Set of Nu 107- there’s a difference between listening bands in the evening and morning. I mean kakagising lang nila. You will know how they are tight in playing.
4. Forbidden Questions of Magic 89.9- actually its just a segment of the radio show Good Times with Mo. I don’t like the show itself so I only place that segment. I think you all know this. This is where Dj Mo became so controversial. He asks everything from how big is your wang to the worst actress and actors.

No comments: