Tuesday, January 23, 2007

JUST DIE ANOTHER DAY…

Last Sunday, I watched the K the 1,000,000 videoke challenge because I saw Ely on the commercial for that show. He is a part of their anniversary. Every time that the camera was placed to him, I get “kilig”. Lalo na when he sang some lines of “Be My Lady”. I think I will have a heart attack. He won at that round. The judge needs to choose the best among the rest. Even though some that where there were real singers, he still won on that round. I want to quote from Allan K, “Wala ka paring kupas Ely Buendia”. Well, he will never ever fade away.
The next day while watching the news, I was astonished when I heard that Ely rushed to the hospital after a gig because of heart attack. Gosh!! Just yesterday, I’m so happy and get kilig over him. Now he is on the ICU and has a 50-50 condition.
On the news, I noticed that when ever they have news about Ely, his rock and eraserheads status was always mentioned. It’s like “Ely Buendia, the former vocalist of the 90’s rock band eraserheads…” . Every one was shocked of what happened because of his 36 age and having a heart attack. But I know Ely will keep fighting till the end. Wala paring kupas si Ely Buendia.
I’m imagining, what if he died, what would happen to us, to the music industry, to his band, to Diane, to Eon, to me? Everything would change, definitely. Thousands and thousands or even million of people will mourn. It will look like Rico Yan Part 2. Ok!! I will stop thinking about those things because I know Ely will live longer. So Ely, I will always keep on reminding you everyday to just die on another day.

No comments: