Friday, January 12, 2007

My own Year ender countdown

It’s my own version of year ender / nu rock awards

Song of the Year- well my basis for this is it’s really a hit. The song and the video make the band more popular. It became no.1 in different various radio countdowns and music channels. It is NARDA by KAMIKAZEE. The song is catchy and very simple subject that people where able to relate with it.

Band of the Year- I think it’s between Sandwich and Kamikazee. Hmm… Let me think a few minutes…
Ok it’s SANDWICH. I don’t know if I’m correct but I think they were just an independent artist. I know that its really hard to be one. It’s quite easy to make their original music but popularity is the one that suffers being an indie artist. But if Sandwich is really an indie artist they prove me wrong.

New comer of the Year- CALLA LILLY They are a group of young, talented group that creates kick-ass songs.

Indie Sikat Award- it’s an indie artist that have all qualities to be the next big rock band.

Vocalist of the Year- Well mahirap to… need to think again. There are lots of good vocalists but I think GAB ALIPE deserves it. He doesn’t have only a good voice but he writes good songs and he has good looks. In short he has the total package. Rock na rock yung itsura niya.

Album of the Year- Well dahil konti lang naman yung album na nabili ko na this year ni release like Beautiful Machines, Transit and 5 on the Floor, Fragmented kasi the rest ay ni release last year pa. I think it’s FRAGMENTED. Astig kasi yung concept.

Jologs band Award- SHAMROCK. At least may award sila galling sa akin.
Best song released this year- I think its DULO NG DILA by PUPIL. Yung concept ng song is not common. Not the usual I’m in love-your-in-love-too kind of song.

Best unreleased song- SLEEP TALK by UP DHARMA DOWN and SA BINGIT NG ISANG PAALAM by SPONGE COLA.

Come back award- I don’t know to whom I credit this award. If to Ely Buendia or to his new band Pupil. Maybe to Ely because we all know he is coming back for the 3rd time around. Maybe to Pupil because its where Ely is and the band maybe new but the band members were still the same as The Mongols. They just subtract then add a member.

Burn out Award- To the band/ artist who is missing in action This year is not for Ms. KITCHIE NADAL

Agaw Eksena Award- it’s tie between KAMIKAZEE and IMAGO always do weird dances. But their energy, mala Gary v.

may continuation pa ito...

No comments: