March 1 (Saturday)
“Rain rain go away isama mo na si Gma”- from the students who were rallying last Friday.
That is a statement that made me laugh. Actually, a lot of things made me laugh these past few days based on the news I saw and heard. First is Mark Logan's report on what to do if you get sleepy during a Jun Lozada Senate inquiry. I was laughing hysterically for the whole five-minute-or-so report. I will try to look for it on YouTube for those who weren’t able to catch it.
The pictures I saw in the Sunday Inquirer showed creativity amidst all our anger, such as edited posters featuring the protagonist of the whole ZTE-NBN issue as the main figure. There was a picture of Jun Lozada as Wolverine, and then a "Mystery Man" poster featuring the "antagonists" like FG Mike Arroyo and Benjamin Abalos. Actually, you might even see it in your email accounts.
And then there's that line from the students who attended the rally. I’m not sure what school they're from, but that is proof that the youth of today are smart. Smart for creating that funny yet meaningful line—a true reminder that we are the pag-asa ng bayan.
In spite of the laughter, at the back of my mind, there are a lot of uncertainties. Like what will happen to our country when we are divided into two groups: those who want to oust the president and those who don't. Nonetheless, the majority is simply looking for the truth, and nothing but the truth.
I didn’t attend the rally for several reasons, but the most valid one (I think) is that my own life is not in perfect shape right now, so why rally? I mean, my studies are not going that well. I am in my "dropping dilemma" again, and now it's Philippine Government and Constitution. Yes, the cause is good because it’s fighting for the truth and everything, but I can contribute in my own little ways.
0 comments:
Post a Comment