Monday, March 03, 2008

Hullabaloo


March 1 (Saturday)



“Rain rain go away isama mo na si Gma”- from the students who were rallying last Friday.



That is a statement that made me laugh. Actually a lot of things made me laugh these past few days about the news I saw and heard. First is the report of Mark Logan about what to do if you are sleepy in a Jun Lozada senate inquiry. I was laughing hysterically for the whole 5 minutes more or less report. I will try to look for it in You tube for those who weren’t able to catch that.

The pictures I saw at Sunday Inquirer were it shows the creativity amidst of the anger we have like making poster were it was edited and the protagonist in the whole ZTE NBN issue, was of course the main future. A picture of Jun Lozada in a Wolverine character. Then there was this “Mystery man” poster were it futures the “antagonists” like FG Mike Arroyo and Benjamin Abalos. Actually, you may even see it in your e-mail accounts.



And then that line from the students who attended the rally. I’m not sure what school it is but that is a true statement that youth of today is smart. Smart, for creating that funny but meaningful line. A true statement that we are “pag-asa ng bayan.”

In spite of the laughter, at the back of my mind there are a lot of uncertainties. Like what will happen in our country where we are divided in to two groups to oust and not to oust our president. But nonetheless majority is on looking for the truth but of course nothing but the truth.



I didn’t attend the rally for several reasons. But the most accepted one (I think) is that my own life is not in the perfect shape right now so why rally? I mean, my studies are not that good. I am in my “dropping dilemma” again. And now it is Philippine Go. Co. Yes it is good because it is fighting for the truth and everything, but I can do it in my own little ways.

No comments: