Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mainstream



“iba na ang iyong ngiti iba na ang iyong dating nagbago na ang lahat sa’yo…”


I saw Lougee a while ago at Eat Bulaga doing a dance number alongside Pia Guanio and Julia Clarete. I missed the old Lougee who has long shiny hair and an indie artist and now she is into mainstream activities. I don’t know if Mojofly is still an indie band since they have a new management, Belhaus Management.

But if you think about it, Lougee really has an “artistahin” looks. She can sing, dance and act. But for me, I just loved her for being the girl who caught my attention when I heard her sings “Mata” at my radio. But even though a lot of things changed, in gigs she didn’t changed a bit. She still has this powerful voice, enormous charisma that she have back in her indie days.

There’s really nothing wrong na maging mainstream or “masa”. Like for lougee, she has characteristics to be a star. What really wrong is within me, and maybe others who thinks she is better being an indie artist. I like Yael and sponge cola back when they are still indie artist but when they became popular parang nawala yung interest ko sa kanila. Maybe because diba when you love someone you want it to be yours only. Parang gusto ko akin lang siya o sila… So when they became popular parang ang dami dami ng may same interest or like.

But the songs of Mojofly still matters to me. hindi naman sila sellout. Ganun pa rin I guess yung music nila.. so I will still support them. for Lougee wala akong magagawa, maganda at magaling naman siya. I guess she is just going with the flow. Pero sabi nga sa isang show sa NU 107, only dead fish swims at the current. Conncection? Ewan… hahaha…

No comments: