Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where the Hale?



“Dahil kailngan ka at kailangan pakita natin tayo ay iba at kahit pa di magil sa mundo”


In 2005 the song “The Day You Said Goodnight” became a massive hit. Anyone can sing it from toddlers to teens even to my 50+ father. Everyone has their self titled album pirated or original. Even my brother got one but sadly a pirated copy. He thinks that my kind of music is kinda “baduy” because I buy original cds of Eraserheads, Urbandub, Up dharma down and others. I didn’t buy an album, but honestly I have thoughts of buying one but a lot of good albums came across my mind and thinks that it is better to use my 250 ++ bucks for the artist I mentioned above. So isno ang baduy?


At that year they dominated year end countdowns, won several awards plus double platinum award (?) for their album and not to mention the “di mahulugang karayom” gigs. But it seems, for me, their 30 minutes of fame is up. When they came up with a 2nd album “Twilight” the songs from that album didn’t catch the listeners that much unlike their debut album. It seems sophomore jinx hits them. I considered them 1 or 2 hits wonder. It is just me. Well, I have some of their songs but only downloaded. I once get hooked to their vocalist Champ like a million girls, maybe because of peer pressure… hehehe… but not that long. I began to notice that there are a lot of bands better, has a more powerful voice and even more good-looking than their vocalist. Their popularity seems to deteriorate maybe because I heard they are focusing in other stuffs like studying. That is a good thing to know that they are still prioritizing their education even though they have a career now. I also heard they have a new album. I hope they can make another “The Day You Said Goodnight” to recuperate the fame they had. But whether they can come up with a hit or not the sense of the song is still way better. I hope that I would like and be hook with their up coming “hits” like what they did to me with their 1st 2 singles.

No comments: