Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Return of the Comeback

“kay tagal mo nang nawala babalika ka rin…”



Rejoice! Rejoice! 97.1 Campus Radio may got kicked out in the airwaves but now if you still don’t know it they are back and hopefully for good. Campus Radio had been in the radio scene for almost 20 years bringing you hottest pop, alternative music.


I really love the Campus Radio back then. I just loved the moderated talks and more music kind of theme they had. At that time, I’m not really a fan of radio talk shows back then. I have this mind set that talk shows should better left on t.v or AM stations. I also love their djs. Yes, they don’t talk that much but when do their spiels or conversations you could already see or hear that they are smart and witty. I don’t know, I just can’t feel it to other djs that I’m hearing now. One thing I also love and like about the djs are they are flexible and versatile. Imagine these spokening dollar djs talking in Filipino, cracking corny jokes and talking about GMA artist when they were still at Baranggay LS.


Now as I said, they are back but in different frequency. They are at 99.5 the old RT or Hit station. I don’t know if it is a good move to be on the old Hit station. Because HIT, I think it is more talk and less music. (well, I am not really a fan of HIT, I only listen to Sunday Session and Brewrats) Then of course people that will listen first at campus are all die hard fans of Hit. As a student of Marketing, I think they need to advertise a lot. They should use some “marketing strategies”. Since Brewrats is known show as for now in Campus FM, and since their djs are famous, they should use them as an advertisers. Kung kaya ng budget, why not try tv station, or kung kahit news paper lang tapos yung unang un among makikitang mukha ay yung sa tatlo, Ramon, Angel and Tado. Wala lang…. hahaha


For me, I wanted the old format of Campus Fm. I wish they will back “Other people’s music, top 20 at 12, the Rocket Launcher, campus events and others. Pero siyempre hindi hinding dapat mawala ang “Brewrats” which I think the most popular radio show nowadays. Chico and Delamar and Joey d Mango are out. Brewrats are now the “in” in radio.


Hehehe… disregard the first post I posted here. Yung bittersweet since brewrats are back. Hahaha… I hope that Campus will earn fame and respect they had when they are still at 97. I know that they deserve it after everything that happened to them. so what are you waiting for tell you’re friends that THE NUMBER 1 HIT MUSIC STATION IN METRO MANILA and as what Ramon and Tado always says AND EVEN IN SOME PARTS OF CAVITE, LAGUNA, and RIZAL like PILIA AND HALA-HALA.

No comments: