June 08, 2009

Brilliant!



“I take my clothes off it will be shameless cause everyone knows this is how to be famous…”

The issue of the sex scandal is not yet over… it is still a hot topic…

Anyways, what I want to say about this entire hullabaloo is the Senate's involvement. I know this is a huge issue. When I saw Sen. Bong Revilla speaking at the Senate, I found him very comic. In relation to this kind of issue, I remember former Sen. Tito Sotto wanting "Alapaap" and other OPM rock songs by bands to be banned. And then figures like Katrina Halili went to the Senate to face them.

So what’s the common denominator…? These politician-senators know how to make noise by riding the coattails of famous personalities and wasting their time on them.

And these senators… did they actually do anything productive??? I know the issue of drugs and sex is something to talk about, but not the way it happened and is still happening. The laws on internet uploading or cyber privacy are what the Senate should actually be talking about. Why do they need Katrina and Hayden at the Senate…?!

A lot of things are happening… that we must talk about or be aware of…

The number of A(H1N1) virus victims in the Philippines is getting bigger, among other things… and oh, by the way, a Filipino director won Best Director at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival! The very first one, and hopefully not the last. Yet people are all glued to watching what happens next to Katrina and Hayden… they forgot that someone like the brilliant Brillante Mendoza is making waves in the film industry. Parang counterpart siya ni Charice Pempengco o ni Arnel Pineda sa field ng film… oh well, bad luck that his triumph coincided with the sex scandal issue. I remember what Paris Hilton said: “Sex always sells.”

0 comments: