Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Movie Suggestion from a Movie Idiot

I have a bad habit of sleeping at movie theaters. I slept while watching Dark Night and the last one is Transformers II. But I really enjoyed the effects of the latter. It is also peculiar that I’m writing about movies right now.

I am a fan of comedy or romantic comedy type of films. The last movie I’ve seen is Hangover which is the no.1 rated R comedy film. I also like Adam Sandler movies. I have a dream movie. Gusto ko sana magkaroon ng movie ang Pugad Baboy. Yes, you read it right. The comic strip by Pol Medina Jr. I started reading it when I am starting to learn how to read. I think it is not that impossible since the characters of Pugad Baboy already appeared on a music video and commercial. They appeared on Sugarfree’s “Pugad” video. The video revolves about… what else but FOOD!!... They also appeared on a Quaker (tama ba?) commercial basta about food pa rin. The plot of the movie? Kahit ano… siguro pwede nilang gamitin yung mga nagawa na ni Pol like yung mga adventures sa ibang lugar like Palawan, Baguio… o kung saan man. Or kahit ano. Kahit mala the Simpsons the movie…


Since uso yung mga libro na gingawang movie sa Holywood bakit hindi natin yung try. Why not make Bob Ong’s books a movie? Mas maganda sana kung yung ABBNKKBSNPLAko! Since parang biography iyon ng buhay ng author. Gusto ko din sanang masapelikula ang Rant by Chuck Palanhuik. Ang astig ng storya at sa tingin ko mahirap yon gawing movie.

Siguro kulang na kulang ako sa panood ng movies para malaman kung ano maganda at hindi. Last month manood sana ako ng “Kinatay” kaso tapos na nung pumunta ako sa Rob Manila. Indie movies are overrated I think. And that’s good since Phil. Cinema needs movie that has more substance. The first and the last indie movie I’ve seen is “Kubrador” starring Gina Pareno. I am really impressed with the whole story plus characters. You will never see a movie like that in mainstream. I really like to watch lots of indie movies like “Ang Pagdadalaga…”, “Masahista”, “My Fake American Accent”, atbp.

No comments: