Saturday, July 27, 2013

10 Years of doing some... Kjwan

After a failed solo adventure at Cubao Expo last Friday, I told myself that I will just buy some working clothes at St. Francis Square on Saturday and maybe drop by again at Cubao Ex.

This morning I decided to play "Daliri" on my IPad. Actually, these past days I am putting Kjwan music on my phone. I am digging their music again.

So this afternoon I headed at St. Francis Square with my mom. After buying some slacks and jacket, I need to search for some blouse. My mom was a little bit tired so she went to Jolibee and wait for me there.

Around 6:30 I heard RJ Jacinto's voice over (not sure if it's his voice) advertising a gig around 1-6 pm. I thought it is already finished since it's past 6. But due to luck or whatever, I headed at 3rd floor and saw the amazing Kjwan. There were few sits available at the front row and other rows but I decided to stand at the side. I learned my lessons when watching a gig. It is much better listening to bands while standing and do some headbanging than sitting.

I am quite amused that Kjwan is performing in this kind of venue. I can count in my fingers the people at the gig. I don't know if I can call it as an intimate gig. Only a few knows their songs and I guess some were there because they know Marc as a character in some teleseryes.

I am singing along with the songs I know like "Meron Ba?", "One Look", and "Daliri". I can see that Kelly Mangahas was looking at me, or feeling ko lang yun haha... while singing along with them.

I felt really great when I heard them do "daliri". I am quite disappointed because Marc didn't say "Bastusan na!". My favorite line from the song. Hahaha.

I felt sad also because as I said earleir there were few people at the gig. I mean, hey people listen to Kjwan instead of Daniel Padilla s*#t!. Marc was pouring all his emotions kahit na it is a small venue. The energy and the power of the band are still there.

10 years na pala ang Kjwan. What the hell am I doing with my life? Why it is my first time to watch them live? I bought their albums, some songhits where kjwan or marc was the cover. I watched Marc's teleseryes when I was still a bum around 2010.

Hope they will be around for another 10 years. Kjwan is such a great band and we should lend our ears and money to them.

posted from Bloggeroid-->

No comments: