Saturday, July 27, 2013

What's with the obsession?

We had lunch with my department last Friday. It's rare for us to seat and eat together.

I don't really hang around with lots of people or even with my officemates. I was amazed to know what others has been talking about during lunch. They are obsessing over "My Husband's Lover". Of course I can't relate with their discussion. That's my weakness, relating with other people.

The head of our department arrived late. We are done with our food that she contributed. I thought that "My Husband's Lover" discussion is over but I was wrong. Our head is quite obsessed with that topic. When we have lunch with her there is no way we won't talk about who is gay in our office. At first, ok it is a fun topic but if it is the discussion over and over I think it's beginning to be shallow. I mean you are the head of our department please talk something else. Don't make me look at you with shallowness imprinted at your head.

So that noon, she asked as one by one what we think of the same sex marriage. My reaction was, what the hell? Let us talk about something else it is so 90's. But I can't do anything. She paid for our lunch. We need to entertain her. It's funny that one of my officemates is really "kina career" yung question. She states some psychology terms. I am like, you like to impress us do you? Then when it's my turn to talk, our head said "tumahimik tayong lahat at magsasalita na siya". I don't talk a lot kasi. I mentioned it before. And plus they won't like what I might say. So after her intro about me all I said was "ok lang". And they were laughing at that. Mas mahaba pa daw ang intro.

You can't make talk. Period.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: