Saturday, October 03, 2015

In your face and other songs about other faces

She may not have won in The Voice of the Philippines Season 2, heck she was bashed tremendously, but with her debut album, she proves that she is more than that 3 chair turner playing ukelele in the popular singing contest and the senator's daughter.

She doesn't have the birit voice that a typical contest are searching for. She has a sweet voice with in your face (or no filter!) songs.

 Her songs are all catchy.  I like to listen to it every morning when I am riding the MRT with full of people I want to sing "In your face": "Hey, hey, hey You need to get out of my way, hey, hey 'Cause if you don't turn around this is gonna make a sound 'Cause I'm about to slap you in your face"
This City can be played during long trips or just walking around the city, maybe job hunting.. haha



In the afternoon while working, I want to listen "Tongue Tied". You will remember the times when you see your crush in the hallway and tried to talk  and makes a conversation with you.





In the evening while going home, I can't help to sing "Ngayong Gabi". I like listening to it while walking in a dark street while my hair is moving because of the air, daydreaming that some day a guy will walk me home.

I should left - a song about heartbreak and lessons you should remember when you will enter to a new relationship (naks!)



I love her album so much I'm inspired to write my own songs and play ukelele! I believe she doesn't fit to sing cover songs. She is meant to sing her own songs. So screw you bashers she is an artist and not an ordinary birit singer.  You may not be The Voice, but who needs it when you have the wit and creativity to back your career?

No comments: