Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Things I learned when school ended...

Hello there graduates of 2015! Are you done printing your resume? Are you preparing for job interviews?
I graduated last 2010. Can’t believe it’s almost 5 years already. I’ve been working for a couple of years and to tell you honestly, I can’t wait for my retirement. haha. Sure it’s fun to receive salary. It’s even more fun if you receive 13th and 14th month pay… but working is really exhausting and sometimes you wish you are a college student again, when everything seems so simpler. 
I must tell you that you only use less than 10% of what you learned when you are already working in a corporate world. Well, unless you are in a medical field, an attorney or any profession that has board exam. To tell you honestly, I don’t or should I say can’t use the things I learned in college in my field. My course and current field is a little bit of mismatch. I am Commerce  major in Information Systems graduate in HR field (payroll).
Anyways, here are the things I learned outside the school that I think they should include:
1) Kissing ass really works. Maybe not all the time, but it will really have an effect in your career. 
2) You must learn how to use Vlookup. Is it just me or am I absent in my computer class that I did not learn it in school? It is very useful to me (maybe just to me).
3) If you think you already encountered different types of people in school, wait till you step in the corporate world. You will meet thieves, whore, ass kissers, drama queens and other types of people in a different level. 
4) Even if you will stay until 4 am, if your boss doesn’t like you, you won’t receive an increase or  a 200 pesos Starbucks gift certificate or even a “Good Job”.
5) Managers are not necessarily the best in their field. I don’t want to elaborare (wink wink)
6) Just find a couple of office mates that you will trust and you will be ok.
There… I spit it out… Just enjoy the unemployed life… because I did… I was unemployed for 1 and a half years… well almost 2… 
SO HAPPY GRADUATION BATCH 2015 :)

No comments: