Sunday, November 21, 2021

When the meek speaks

 What do you feel when a famous person you looked up to suddenly speaks about a controversial topic about our nation? If you have same thoughts, you will be ecstatic. If you have different view, then you will be disappointed.

Buti na lang it’s the former instead of the latter one.


When Ely Buendia asked about the reunion, he said this:



When I read this, I was a little bit confused and didn’t know if I will believe he actually tweeted this. I’ve been a fan since God knows when. You can search Ely here in my blog and it will bring you hundreds of post about him. I mean it’s quite out of his character to tweet like this.

Ely is not known to promote a candidate lalo na a candidate for President. He is vocal with his ideologies on twitter but to be very straight forward and very open about his choice for presidency is something unusual.

I know when he tweeted this, the reunion is just a joke. Na kahit tumakbo si leni, reunion is quite impossible for now. But I am so happy he said this. It gives me a lot of hope in life.

And when he actually visited Leni to give the Eraserheads vinyl limited edition, I am over the moon.
It shows na he is really serious about supporting her.



When someone like him becomes very vocal about what’s happening in our country, it means something is really wrong and we must take action. I mean, he is very successful, with millions of pesos, he can just stay quiet and never leave his ivory tower. But he didn’t. He is making his voice be heard not only sing songs, but make a stand to something he thinks is right. 






No comments: