December 09, 2006

Transit


Album: Transit

Content: 12 tracks

Label: Universal Records

Album Artist: Sponge Cola

Review:

It is a great sophomore album from a group of young musicians. They can create heavy and light songs at the same time. As far as the songwriting is concerned, nag-evolve or mas nag-mature pa. I think people will like this even more. The songs here are catchier than the previous one, but it’s all good. I feel the emotions that they want to convey.

  1. Bitiw – A great opening song for an album! Mapapa-look forward ka sa iba nilang songs. It’s an upbeat track that can make you headbang. It’s a song for their fellow musicians to continue rocking out and make sure na "huwag kang bibitiw bigla," because of course, they dreamed about it and fortunately achieved it. They also give advice that "walang laglagan" or no backstabbing each other because "sama-samang hahanapin ang liwanag." Very meaningful yet beautiful.

  2. Tuliro – They always have background noise, even in their 1st album. It’s cute, ha. The style is kinda like E-Heads, with noise in the background. This is about what happens when you're in love and don't know what to do or what you feel—it is "tuliro." One of my favorites. I love the end part where there's like a choir or something, and the "tuliro, liro, tuliro, liro" part.

  3. Movie – A narrative story about watching a movie with a loved one. It’s like we can relate to what’s happening to us through those movies we've watched. I also love it.

  4. The Wandering – Another upbeat song, but an English track this time.

  5. Gunita – A light song. I like Gosh when he writes Tagalog songs. It’s a song made to cherish the times you have with your friends and loved ones, because people come and go, and you don’t know how much time you have with them exactly. Live every moment and make it all count.

  6. Do You Know the Feeling? – I also like this. When I heard this, I thought they revived an old song—parang may katunog na old song! It’s a song that pays tribute to the '80s glam rock / stadium rock era. It’s simply looking back at what you felt and realizing that things have already changed.

  7. Sa Bingit Ng Isang Paalam – It’s about how hard it is to say goodbye to someone you love. It’s also about what might happen next or the consequences when someone leaves.

  8. Myself in You – It’s like a continuation of “Jillian,” which Chris wrote and sang. Nag-evolve na 'yung relationship. It is also one of my favorites! Ang ganda din kasi ng sound.

  9. All We Need – It talks about heartbreak, but the sound is upbeat so it can uplift you and leave you inspired.

  10. Nocturne – It’s like “Neon.” I like it! The lyrics and the sound match each other. Yael always has this kind of song in their albums.

  11. Pasubali – It is about denial—a straightforward song.

  12. Harapin – Tastefully ends the album listening experience on an optimistic note. The soaring chorus leaves one with a sense of assurance. It talks about the reality of tomorrow, of the future, and encourages a hopeful sentiment towards the inevitable.

Packaging: Kakaiba sa mga CD na meron ako. I feel this is the reason why it’s expensive.

Overall: I like it! It’s an album na masarap pakinggan when you’re doing something, because there are upbeat songs to wake you up and "chillax" songs if you want to slow things down. It’s also nice to listen to with friends because you’ll remember past memories and everything. About the 295 bucks price—I don’t really like the idea of the price. Siguro kasi kuripot ako, but because Odyssey Record Bar included a free magazine-like booklet about the band with some pictures, okay na rin 'yung price. But other record bars don’t have that… so bahala na kayo if you’ll buy it. 8 rock stars.

0 comments: