Saturday, December 09, 2006

Centennial Celebration: a celebration under the fu@#ing sun

Image hosting

Image hosting



Dec. 08
It all started with a mass held at the field. There’s no enough chairs so kung saan saan lang kami naka upo. After the mass we ate at this carenderia with my friends. We were saving money because Christmas is approaching. We also want to try something new because we are sick of the “Taft Fast Food Chains and Restaurants” we usually go to. After that we need to change our clothes: all black attire for our “Maskara Festival dance”. We change in the male c.r. Tapos wala ng pakielamanan, hubaran na. we are all girs naman eh. At galit nag alit na si Batch rep. We went on the fields to line up. Then we start to walk under the raging heat of the sun while wearing our black outfit. Just imagine how hot we are as we walk to go to the venue at 1:00 at the afternoon. Our white skins turned to red as a sign that we were almost cooked. It’s not enough, we were placed at the side of the track oval where its not shaded. We were already experiencing hell even though were still alive!!(Mag papakabait napo ako!!!) Lucky grade-schoolers and high school students they were at the shaded area. I already hear my block mates cursing our school because it we are already scorching. Thank God they moved us in a better place. The celebration started with a pep rally. I don’t know why I felt Goosebumps while we are cheering for our school. I felt happy to see that they were all happy in spite of what happened a while ago. The crowd noise becomes louder when the helicopter was there. It is there because of the human logo that they will make. Then the high school and college pep squad was there. When they were finished it is time for the college freshies to show what we’ve got as we dance “street dances”. It’s not what the hip hop or harlem dances. It’s the festival dances such as ati-atihan, pinagbenea, mascara, dinagyang and sinulog. We are the 2nd to the last to perform. Oh men!! I really suck in dancing. I can’t move because of the huge maskara we have. The worst thing is that it is caught on the video. I don’t like to watch it. After that grade school, high school also performs. But the most awaited part is the human logo which I didn’t see because we were at the down side of the track oval. Its ok I’ll wait for the pictures. Then its time to call it a day. I saw my high school classmate and tell her that sabay na kaming umuwi. She introduced me with her block mates and friends. I’m happy that it’s finished. The practices, encounter with sun will finally paid off because it will be part of our mid term grade.
I saw Gab Alipe and the rest of Urbandub in Wazzup Wazzup. They perform “Frailty”. Congrats for being the “Vocalist of The Year” at the recently concluded NU rock Awards. ASTIG kayo!!

No comments: