March 24, 2010

Wasak Friends

Four years of our friendship is worth a lifetime of memories. Every single day filled with idiotic chit-chat, futile discussions, insane jokes, and thousands of bulakbols will always be in my memory treasure chest. Who would have thought that I’d gain two true friends in college?

We became close because we were non-conformist, anti-social, happy-go-lucky girls. We were always against the norm—that’s why we were the only ones who truly understood each other. We almost risked our diplomas trying to stand up against our influential and powerful department chair.

Over bottles of beer, we laughed, shouted at each other for no reason, cracked corny jokes, and sang songs…

We barely ever argued because I genuinely believe we are soulmates. God made us so we could bring each other joy. You all made my college life such an unforgettable, wild experience.

We broke school rules, but who cares? We graduated. We made it!

As I write this blog entry, tears are swelling in my eyes. But I know that unlike other friendships I’ve had, this one will last longer than ever. It might sound cliché, but we’re going to be friends forever. I firmly believe that.

Lisa, my look-alike—you are the sister I’ve always wanted to have. Thank you for the countless lessons and values you taught me… some were good, but mostly bad… hahaha! Nonetheless, every single one is worth remembering.

Anj, one of the most talented people I know—I want you to know how much I admire you and everything you can do. You never hesitate to help me with things I struggle with. And most of all, thank you for financially supporting me… hahaha!

Marj, I just wish you’ll finish your thesis soon and get that diploma you’ve been dreaming of. Always remember that I’m praying for you.

To my wasak friends: goodbye for now, and good luck for tomorrow.

0 comments: