Tuesday, March 02, 2010

K Pop!


“I want nobody nobody but you (clap clap)”


I am appalled by the sudden popularity of the Korean music. I can’t understand why we Filipinos like those songs even we just now a certain phrase in the song.

I am not really against on those Korean pop stars. I am against to those Filipinos who choose or support more on them than on OPM artists. In my opinion OPM is dying and that is because we listen more to these Chinese looking guys called Super Junior and to Sandara’s group.

Ok. I must admit when I was about 8 or 9 years old I bought this album by Larusso. She is a . as a kid its ordinary to just listen or like what is popular. So maybe I will forgive if you are about that age but my god if you are above that… I don’t know…

We like a song because of its music and lyrics. So how would I like or support this Korean stars if I don’t understand a single word they say? What I’m trying to say it’s ok to listen and support these Korean pop stars but let us support first our very own artists. Try listening to Urbandub their songs are mostly about love, or if you are really into pop songs there is a group called… I forgot!! Haha. It’s a group of teens who wear candy colored clothes and sing pop novelty songs. They are VIVA artists.

As I write this rant I am watching MTV and they have this Asian Takeaway. I saw this video by Vaness Wu. Does his name ring a bell? He is a F4. I wonder why they don’t play OPM artists. We are better… far better than Vaness Wu or Sandara Park.

So I am blaming media for this whole crap…

No comments: