Friday, February 16, 2007

Changing is not always the answer



Feb.14

I woke up and was surprised and almost cried. Why?

After I ate my breakfast, it’s my habit to take a bath and listen to my radio while I boil my water.

Today, I was so shock and upset to find out that one of the stations that I was listed to my favorite radio station, Campus Radio, re-formatted their shows and the station it self. The youth oriented name Campus Radio became Baranggay Lsfm. Their usual play list includes snow patrol, beyonce, pupil, red hot chili peppers and the list goes on replaced by kyla, lovi poe, salamin, rocksteddy and many other “not my type of artist or band”. Their djs also change their name. like dj Braggy from Barako Jones, Triggerman to Boss Amo Sir, Jb to Strawberry, Liza to Churvalyn and many disgusting names. I once told that I hate some djs who named like that. Like macho palito, chris tsuper were mostly on those “pang masa” stations. Now Campus radio or I mean Baranggay Ls is now “pang masa” station. They also crack jokes but its really corny. With that I think they are the worst radio station for me. i listened to them not because I like them but I want to see or hear the changes. If before they have live feed from really great gigs now they have live feed in the “The Promise” movie starring Angel Locsin and Richard Gutierrez. Urghh… I’m really upset, sad, shock on what happened. Why they change their radio format? I thought they are the number 1 pop station in Metro Manila?

Well maybe that’s the problem. Because they are really the only one pop station in manila. Or maybe because they are number 1 in Manila alone. Hmm. But I think GMA wants their artist music to be having longer airplay. I mean like ABS CBN. They have 101.9 for life. They cater their artist. Of course they can’t play some artist from GMA and vice-versa. Get my point? So maybe that’s the reason behind the awful idea to change campus radio.

How sad!! When I can’t go to some gigs they have live feed from the event like “rochestra”, the up fairs and other gigs in campuses. Sometimes I record it. so it’s like I’m also there at the event. They also have rocket launcher. They bring really talented and excellent artist in town. One of my favorite radio show “other people’s music” brings us to the music that our favorite artist listens to. But now… they were gone… how’s the young djs from different universities and colleges. Kawawa naman. Sandali pa lang sila nasa radio.

I think the djs were not also happy on what they are doing. I can really sense it. You know, some of their djs are vocal on what they like and they don’t like. Now most of the songs they palyed is from artist they don’t like. But you know what’s good with them; they still agree to do that job
I hope it’s not for good. But I think it’s for good.

No comments: