Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I’m surrounded by rock stars at a bookstore


I should have a practice at 1-4 pm for my finals for p.e. but I try to forget about it because I want to go to Powerbooks Greenbelt in Makati. And I did. I went there even I have other things to do. I went there alone. I arrived 3:30 pm. I saw this girl singing eraserhead songs like “with a smile”, at another one… nakalimutan ko na kung ano kinanta niya pang isa. Then for her last song she sang “Kool Ka Lang”. and I think she mentioned that they have gigs in U.S.A. with Introvoys. Sorry I don’t know kung sino yung girl. There is the VIP area, to go there you should purchase the book but it causes 580, the original price is 180. 580 pesos for foods and I think some freebies. I only buy the 180 pesos. 3rd world eh…
Anyways, I was shock to see different music personalities. They are everywhere inside the bookstore. When you look at front there is Marcus Hiway performing. At my right there’s Ebe Dancel. I also saw Diego Mapa and another member of Pedicab. Then I looked around to look for some books, then at the children’s area I saw this familiar guy, and yes, it is Buddy Zabala. He is talking with this girl with a kid. I don’t know if it is earnest because I don’t know how she looks like. Then parang nagkatinginin kaming dalawa ni Buddy. Hehe. And ako parang deadma eventhough deep inside I’m starstuck. di pa ako lumalapit sa kanila ha.
For his first song, Marcus sang a song that talks about changing. Parang something like this… dati puro drugs, marijuana, ecstasy ang inaatupag pero ngayon parang nagbago na.
Then I also saw these “sossy” looking people with nametags. I think they are the authors of the book, or some of them are their managers. I heard them talking and someone asked may gigs ba sila? Something like that. I also saw Anna, I know her name because of the nametag she has, and I don’t know if that’s the Eraserheads ex-manager, but I think she is because she bought a lot of books. I leave the bookstore at 6pm but I never forget to let my “Tikaman Ang Langit” to be sign by Buddy and Marcus. Hindi ko natapos yung buong pangyayari but I’m already satisfied. F.Y.I. I’m at page 27 of the book. So get yourself a copy!!

No comments: