Monday, February 12, 2007

Pampanga’s Best


It is my 2nd time to be at Pampanga. I guess. My first time to go there because of our NSTP and my 2nd time still for NSTP.

NSTP is a program for colleges and universities. Kapalit ata ito ng CAT. At first for me it was like shit!! NSTP… Pero then I realize that this shit NSTP is really helpful to me or to us. In 1st sem kami ay “naki muhay” with les fortunate on Pandacan and Pampanga. We also get the chance na magtanim. So for me “Magtanim ay di biro…” is true. Its really hard, imagine magtanim under the fu@#ing sun and yung feet mo nakalublub sa parang putik. At masakit sa likod!!

Now naman for the 2nd sem we got the chance to teach little kids. We first teach those children in Pandacan then in Pampanga. The kids are more attentive and active sa Pampanga. Pero pareho namang warm yung welcome sa amin.

I woke up at around 5:00 am because we should be at school at 6:30 am. My mother accompanied me (as always, pag maaga umaalis). We arrived at 6:00 so we ate first at Jolibee. Then when I arrived at our meeting place konti pa lang ang tao. So umalis na kami sa school mga 7:00 ata. We rode on an ordinary bus. As in walang aircon. Our school have busses na may aircon. But because we are on NSTP kailangan mag sacrifice. Pero ok lang because its kinda cold at thet time. I brought my jacket. So mga 3 hours yung trip. Sakit sap wet. Merong stop over. I bought shomai (another favorite of mine). So we arrived mga 10:00 na siguro. So we prayed first. Then story telling made by other group members. What did I do? Since story telling and those teaching is not my forte, I just assisted the kids. Like make them sit down, make them listen to the story teller, played games with them, kwentuhan. My classmates let them play bring me with us, so parang kami yung maghahanap then sila yung mag bibigay sa host. My partner (Russel) won when the host says “Bring me: Bracelet” of course I always have one. Then we ate lunch. Hindi ako naka kain agad because I have to feed this 2 year old kid na kasama sa tinuturuan namin. Then some weird things that I saw from them. like one of the kids talks to the tree, another is a kid na put down his shorts pumunta sa gilid na may kanal and said na “tetekla” siya. Meaning tatae siya. Haha. I learned few pampangueno words like “malago” maganda,”lukluk”upo and “tekla” tae thanks to Russele and his classmate
Then I bought this whole green mango (my favorite) for only 5 pesos. Sabi ko sa isang bata in Manila, in our school its 20++ Pesos. They were shocked. Like they said “Ang mahal naman”, the others said “malas niyo naman”.

Wait a minute… “malas niyo naman” sounds meaningful. I thought living here in manila will make you feel lucky. But yes, malas ko nga. We don’t have a province to go to when its summer though I’ve been through some provinces. I want to be in the province because of fresher air, simpler and maybe happier life…

Enough!! I’m here to tell my pampanga experience. Nung umaga when I woke up, I have this habit na sundin yung poster na may advices from papermeloti. Yung close your eyes no cheating then point. Ang napili ko ay “Celebrate Life” which actually appropriate sa gagawin ko. And yes, I think I celebrated life with these kids today. So ngayon, I felt happy.

So that’s it I think… nakakapagod ha… pero it was fun naman

No comments: