Monday, March 26, 2007

Buddha's Pest


Album Title: Buddha’s Pest
Content: 12 tracks
Album Artist: The Mongols
Label: VIVA Records
Review:
Before anything else The Mongols is compose of Ely Buendia on vocals and guitars, Jerome Velasco on bass, Yan Yuzon on guitars and Bogs Jugo on drums. It’s the band after Ely broke up with eraserheads. Their sound is more rock na slow and dark unlike the new pupil. They also have deep songs. I mean hindi simple yung tipong madaling maintindihan. Pero for me ok naman. I like this album. Like how I liked Pupil’s “Beautiful Machines”.

1) Keeper- at first my noise. Medyo matagal yung noise. Ely’s style on this song is parang tumutula lang siya.
2) Bulakbol- parang if you listen to the title Bulakbol very simple yung meaning. It means you love to go to other places. But in this song medyo deep yung meaning. Yes, lumalabas ditto yung meaning ng bulakbol pero may things na di ko maintindihan like “Ako’y tumatalon(ako’y sinasabon) At siya’y tumutula/bumubula, Lumilindol Naghahabol, Hanggang kailan ka Bang bulakbol?”.
3) Bakit Nga Ba?- medyo parang tunog eraserheads lang pero mas rock. Ngayon medyo simple at madaling maintindahan. Just asking some questions.
4) Pony- Yan is the vocals here. Medyo slow rock to. I like this song. It’s funny. I don’t know if they endorsing pony at that time. Pero I know now they endorsing it.
5) Teka Muna- Another tagalog song. It’s about telling you to wait.
6) Candyflip- matagal yung intro. Medyo maingay. Ditto lumabas yung parang mid point ng sound nila. Maingay na rock na deep.
7) Heroine- Si Yan ulit ang vocals. Nakakashock lang kasi may line doon na “I gonna fuck you till tomorrow”. Dahil I first know their music as pupil. At the end parang may dialogue. I think its Dianne Ventura. Pinaka short na song.
8) Wigout- kinda slow again. I like this song.
9) It’s over- Yan yuzon is on vocals again. Parang mas maganda yung songs niya ditto than sa pupil album.
10) Irish Spring- dib a it’s a brand of a soap? I also love this song
11) Odd Even- Another Tagalog na medyo slow na song. So parang eheads na naman. Pero hindi
12) Your Bushido- Medyo slow ulit. Longest song sa album. It’s about a girl that she’s really crazy about.
Overall: Astig naman ito. Ayun nga lang parang may hang over pa si Ely sa Eraserheads. Yung ibang tagalog songs parang eheads lang. pero parang iba pa rin. Kasi rock na rock nga yung feel ng album nila. So I’ll give 4 rock stars!!

No comments: