Monday, March 12, 2007

Why I'm Craving For A Reunion

March 8
I just got myself a copy of the book “Tikaman Ang Langit” an anthology about Eraserheads. I can relate to some stories. Like some authors weren’t instant e-head fan. I mean, yes, they know eraserheads, they know their songs but they became a fan after a number of hits. In my case I became a fan when they disbanded. I’m too just too young back then.

When the Eraserheads release their debut album, ultraelectromagneticpop and gave string of hits, I think it’s in the year 1993, so I’m just 3 years old. After 9 years, in the year 2002 they broke up. And still I’m not yet a fan. I needed 3 more years to love them whole heartedly. That’s why I’m craving for a reunion. I never saw them perform live as a group. Yes, I saw Ely with his band pupil Performs “Pare ko”, Raimund and Sandwich with “Fruitcake”, “Alapaap” and Marcus sang his own version “Huwag mo nang itanong”. But nothing beats when Ely, Buddy, Marcus and Raimund perform together as one, and they are called ERASERHEADS.

Last Wednesday, I went to the book launch of “Tikman Ang Langit”. I saw Buddy, Marcus and Raimund. But where’s Ely? Ely is always “pasaway”. He is always the lacking member of eraeserheads in some events like in the launch of ultraelectromagneticjam and just recently in the book launch. I heard somebody saying “Si Ely na lang ang kulang dito reunion na sana”.

Magka reunion man o wala, I will respect their decisions. Pero kawawa naman ako, siguro for now, I’ll be contented in listening their songs, watching their classic videos, and dreaming about the reunion.

No comments: