Friday, April 17, 2009

I was Taken by Cars!




“I think you got the wrong idea… I think you got the wrong idea…”

I am into Taken by Cars in these hot summer days… The Endings of the New Kind is the first OPM album I downloaded in the net while my boring professor was discussing something. I am really into buying original cds especially OPM albums. Blame my boring professor for downloading their album. When I heard their first single “Uh Oh” I thought it is by a foreign artist. I don’t know if it’s good or bad thing. I think their music is shoegaze that’s how they described it I heard them saying in their interview. I really don’t know what does it means. Anyways I am really into Alternative, Rock and Rock alternative music but because of these OPM artist like Up dharma down, Taken by Cars and Sinosikat? they let me discover and love other types of music. They are really great. I am a kind of listener who first listens to our own. Yes, I am also listening foreign bands like Incubus, Weezer, The Killers and Panic at the disco but I don’t buy their albums because they are very expensive!! Hahaha… I just download their songs. Actually I have about 30 original albums of OPM artists. I collected it for 3-4 years. Ang tagal di ba? Hehehe…

My favorite track from the album will be “December 2 Chapter VII. I really like their sound although it is something fresh to my ears. Let’s add the beautiful and magnificent videos of their songs. I just saw “Neon Brights”. Surprisingly Jake Cuenca is the main character for that song. I think the band didn’t even appear on the video. I love the effects they incorporate in that video. May pag ka artistic yung theme. I also like the idea na Jake has this “unexplained power”. I don’t know who directed it. I guess it’s Wincy Ong because he is on the video too. By the way I have a crush on Sven… hahaha… ang weird niya kasi!!

Actually even if I downloaded it I am still considering buying their album because I just got 8 songs. I think it’s not complete. And it is a really great album from a really great band who loves taking risks…

No comments: