Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ang bagong bokalista ng Banda ng Bayan

“Tara sumama umawit ka… bigyan natin ng boses ang musika.. Sama-sama tayo, walang iwanan”

Last October 24 the final for Bagong Liwanag- the search for the new member of Rivermaya was held at Music Museum. I wasn’t there, because it’s invitational and I’m not invited.


The finalists are Hans and Jayson. Actually they are my bet. I didn’t post something here but I posted at the mailing list of Rivermaya that I’m rooting for them and at that time they are still more contestants.


Then last Sunday I learned that Hans and Jayson will the contender for the finals. Then I think if who among the two will win. I guess it’s Jayson I told to myself. Why? Hans is more handsome than him but Jayson is taller. Ang babaw ba? Yung view point ko kasi it’s better for the band to get a taller guy. I mean kahit height na lang ng former vocalist yung makuha. The voice quality is there naman. Siguro kailangan lang talaga ihasa pa kasi he is 18 years old pa lang. many changes still will go along his way. From the start of the show pa lang when they picked Hans and Jayson I could see sa judges na si Lizza Nakpil, Francis Reyes and Louie Talan na gusto nila yung dalawa. Pero at first they have second thoughts because Jayson is 18 years old pa lang and still studying. They asked him if ever he will win will he continue his studies and he said yes.


So now Jayson won. Congratulations. Parte ka ng Banda ng Bayan for just over a month!! I hope that he will prove that he is chosen to be part of the legendary Rivermaya. you are destined to be part of the band.

No comments: