Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Video Review I


1) Waltz by Hale The video is quite boring. At first you will feel excited on what will Champ will do with his leading lady. His leading lady just stands there for the whole time. I think its better if she acts like she is bad because in the song it shows that way “I hate the way you are. So mean to me by far. The most frigid girl that I ever know.” The song shows how the guy is really angry with that girl but in the Champ and the girl’s scene I can’t se that. I think the best part is when Roll, Omnie and Sheldon shows what I’m looking for-the angst, anger and madness by throwing stuffs, breaking a guitar and punching the wall.


I will give 2 and a half stars for breaking expensive guitars, lights and glasses.
 2)Take my hand by Calla Lilly It reminds me of the e-head’s video “With a smile”. I don’t know why but maybe because the members of Calla Lilly were costumes and they also have this young girl with pretty white dress or maybe because Kian looks like Ely Buendia. The story of the video is about his girl who was bored while eating dinner with his family. He saw a boy under the table and “take his hand” and joined him in a happier world where there were some clown, drummer boy, magician (portrayed by calla lilly). Same with the E-heads video the girl became happier with the band members.
I will give 3 and a half stars for picking a more beautiful girl.



3) Bitiw by Sponge Cola The video and their album has the same concept. They put animation. The train, tricycle, bill boards and everything is made of animation. The only real were the Sponge Cola boys. The video shows some places in Manila and of course the guys rockin performance. They did some acting there like going at the top of the train and balancing themselves. They always make a video that is simple but elegant video like Klsp, una, Gemini and Jeepney that all went to number in Music Charts.
3 and half stars are just right for them.



4) Umaasa by 6cyclemind Barilan… that’s not surprising that they have this action video because they were 5 boys in the band. It’s about a girl (Nancy) that some guys kidnapped. I like the “Barilan” effect. These guys can act. I just fon’t like the Francis M. scene where he just rap. I’m so focused on the “barilan” scene because I want to know who got shot by whom. Parang I love the scene that I don’t want to cut it. I think its Chuck or Tutti who was left alive and sae Ney then Ney let nancy escape. Ney died then Nancy saw him lying in the floor so she gets a gun then… to be continued…Damn!! I want to know what will happen next.
I love it!! I will give 5 stars.



No comments: