Saturday, April 07, 2007

Flying high


These guys embody the “they are more than just a pretty face”.

Speaking of mojofly, wala na si Ricci Gurango, the last original member of the group. Now they are compose of very beautiful and handsome people like Lougee Basabas still on vocals and Ali Alejandro on drums plus Allan Elgar on guitars. I’m really looking forward sa “another new” mojofly sound because of the demise of Ricci which I think their leader. But these guys are not your ordinary band member because they are not rookies. Lougee was a member of Ryan Cayabyab's pop teen-group, Kaya, which released an album under BMG Records Pilipinas, as well as her very own band Superlooj. Ali my fafa Alejandro in the other hand is the son of “kilabot ng kolehiyala” Hadjie Alejandro. Allan Elgar struggled with various bands throughout most of high school and college till Loudwater, an underground band that played regularly at the notorious Club Dredd. In 1996, he joined the Jett Pangan Group with his younger brother Michael (present-day guitarist of Rivermaya).
I think they are one of the bands that should be in line with today’s hottest bands like Sponge Cola, Imago to name a few. Maybe they are not that popular but I think they will get there. But if not, people don’t know what is really “good pinoy music”.
Mojofly also appeared on various commercials. Like the Del Monte Pizza Sauce commercial were I saw Ali and fall in love with his good looks. And I can’t forget the “dito na lang ako sa inyo tita” with matching nabubulunan effect. Lougee became more popular when she appeared at the commercial for Creamsilk commercial. That’s what you called “girl power”.
I really admire these guys. If I’m a guy I think I will fall in love to lougee. Haha. Nonetheless, I really love these guys and I will support them because they are really good and great rockers.

No comments: