Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moving on




Pupil is Ely Buendia’s 3rd band after the phenomenal Eraserheads and the short lived The Mongols.
In my own observation Pupil managed to set their own style and sound. I mean different from the sound of his former bands. pero kahit papaano meron paring tunog ng ex bands niya, I think hindi talaga mamaalis yun because they have same vocalist.
Actually, hindi din naging madali ito for Ely. Why? Because he changed his name from Jesus “Dizzy” Ventura. For me, at that point he wanted people to forget him as being with his former band. Pero di mo maalis yun sa tao kahit na palitan pa yung name mo. Kahit ngayon, ganun parin naman. His “eraserheads status” will never be erased.

However Ely is not only the talented one in the group. They also have the former bassist of The Teeth, the former guitarist of Yan Yuzon and Bogs Jugo of Daydream Cycle. I saw Dok’s old pictures. His hair is longer than mine. Si yan naman I really admire him because his a multitasker. He could be a director, writer, actor, guitarist, bassist, vocalist, professor or whatever. In the other hand, Bogs is also really talentedWith their debut album “Beautiful Machines” .I don’t know with the other bands but Pupil is the only one who’s all the members plus their manager sings in the album. So they are composing of T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D people.
Maybe they are not as popular as eraserheads but I think they have this chemistry and they show what’s friendship truly means

No comments: