Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bye bye na… aalis ka na!!!

“bye bye na aalis ka na. bye bye na rin ba sa ating alaala?”

I heard a while a go at hit 99.5 Rt that Rico really left Rivermaya. I don’t get it. Why he left the  band eh they are very popular here and outside the country. It’s a shocker. Yung last gig of the band was last May 4 with Sandwich and Pupil at Metro Bar. I was about to go there, kaso lang I have no money. If they just tell that’s their last gig pumunta sana ako. Now he is going solo daw.

Now there’s a lots of thoughts coming from my head. Why vocalists leave the band and go solo? Here’s a list of some vocalist na nag solo.

+Ely Buendia- nag solo siya even if he is still at eraserheads. Pero after that he continued to be the vocalist of the band. Then after that he formed another band-The Pupil.

+Jet Pangan-but he eventually went back sa kanyang band na The Dawn.

+Barbie Almalbis-after Hungry Young Poets naging Barbie’s Cradle then ngayon she goes solo.

+Kitchie Nadal- Mojofly’s ex-vocalist plus Rico’s cousin.

+Dong Abay- formerly vocalist of Yano

+Rico Blanco (?)- I don’t know…

Sana it’s not like eraserheads break-up. I hope Rico and his ex-band mates have still the communication and friendship. It’s weird nga. Last week ata yun, I was listening to their last album “Isang Ugat, Isang Dugo”. Hindi na kasi ako masyado nakikinig sa c.d. player ko more on mp3 and at my computer. I don’t know pa yung about the solo thing. So ayun nga. I listened to their album and read yung mga nakalagay sa c.d. nila. I think it’s Japs who said that he was saving some names na pasasalamatan so malalagay niya for his solo album.

I think Rico thinks of this idea matagal na. Maybe even before the release of their album. Siguro kaya he decided to do covers. Sayang talaga. I’m disappointed. I thought they will stay longer. All beginning has to end. Sadly, it’s now time for Rico to end his life with the band. I mean like playing with the band. Now I’m thinking if Japs will be the one who will replace Rico as the vocalist. Or get a female vocalist ala Eraserheads. Hahaa…

No comments: