Friday, June 01, 2007

Biglaan


“Kay bilis ba’t umalis nakakamiss nabigla lang. di ko man nalaman na mawawala. Na bigla lang. di mo man naisip na idahandahan. Di ako sanay sa biglaan unti unti na lang sanang nawala.”

Here’s Rico’s message from his multiply account:

ISA MUNANG PATALASTAS...

Dear friends, I am no longer with the band and management of rivermaya. I have been with the group from the start, and after 14 great years, I am now quite excited about the chance to finally do other things with my life, pursue endeavors outside of the entertainment spotlight. This is a desire I have made known to my group as early as 2005 and have already postponed several times. I will surely miss the music and the fans and will always cherish the experience. I hope you will continue supporting the group and the whole of opm. My work is done. Thank you for all your incredible love and support.


These past few weeks there’s a lot of speculation about Rico and the band. Like Rico will go solo and name it Blanco which at first pa lang I know it’s not true. If he names it like that it will be like Bamboo. Anyways, at the message above it’s lucid that Rico will do something outside the entertainment industry which is kind of sad. I read at Pinoy Mag he tells that he wanted to study fine arts either here or outside the country. It’s depressing that someone like Rico will leave the music industry. But it’s ok because he initiated a million flames

(a non-political, non-profit movement, to achieve modest, attainable objectives: to inspire as many Filipinos possible, starting with the youth, to participate more meaningfully in the process of nation building; to encourage everyday heroism, good citizenship, and social responsibility; to closely coordinate with and lend assistance to already existing cause-oriented organizations in their endeavors; to instill hope in the hearts of Filipinos everywhere- from his multiply account)

Maybe it’s true his work is done in the music industry so now he is doing another thing that ever since he wanted to do. It’s helping other people. But I think from the start pa lang nakakatulong na siya. And yes, it’s by his ingenuity towards making music.

Hay naku ano bayan!!!...

Ang daming umaalis ngayon ng biglaan. Karina, manager of Mojofly di na nila manager. So I am worried because maybe Mojofly is next band that will vanish. Sugarfree muntik muntikan na din pala. Naku if many good bands will disappear one by one yung mga predictions of other people will be true that this “bandamania” will be gone soon. Sabi nga ni Raymund “some are gone won’t stay together some will break apart for the better. Some are gone and will make me stronger” Kaya naman I am gonna live forever!!

No comments: