Friday, June 29, 2007

Embrace

Album Title: EmbraceText Color
Label: EMI Philippines
Album Artist: Urbandub
Content: 11 tracks
Price: 260 Pesos

Review

It’s their third album pero ito lang yung meron ako so di ko masyado alam kung nag change na yung music nila. But I know “A New Tattoo” na everybody’s favorite. Well I agree. So sa Embrace naman they open it with a parang instrumental or pandagdag. Actually 10 lang yung mga kanta. “Alert The Armory” is parang preparing for war. You can feel the tension. Then sinundan naman ito ng “Frailty”. Parang continuation ng war na sinumulan nila sa “Alert the Armory”. Then next is “First of Summer”. Dito ko sila nasimulan magustuhan. Medyo upbeat. I really like yung umpisang tunog parang danceable tapos magiging rock. You know I’m suck in dancing but whenever it is being played parang I see myself dancing. I said to myself that I’ll dance in programs basta “First of Summer” ang tugtog. Hehehe… as the songs in the album progresses Gabby Alipe still doesn’t disappoint you. In “When Heroes Die” napaisip ako with the line “if I die will I be remembered?”. I also love “Reveal the Remedy”. I also like “Safety in Numbers”. I really like everything. The melody, the lyrics… everything!!. Well I’m hoping to hear Gab sing Filipino songs. Because they are really great in singing and crating English. Parang wala pa ata silang song na Filipino. I really like this album because it teaches me to listen to heavy deep rock. By the way Urbandub is from Cebu. It is composed by Gabby Alipe on vocals and guitars, Lalay Lim on Bass, John Mendoza on Drums and John Dinopol on guitars. This band is also other bands favorite band. So talagang magaling sila.

Who will like it?

Their fans definitely and adults. Medyo malalim yung mga songs. pero everybody will like it.


Best Among the rest
“First of Summer”, “Safety in Numbers” and “Reveal the Remedy”

Album Sleeve
Well full of photography. Hindi ko masyodo nagustuhan pero who cares naman di ba? Songs matters than that. yung pictures nila parang gusgusin sila. Well style.

Rating:
9 rockstars

No comments: